Hello bloggers!
I am so excited to be posting all day, I waited all day and it is finally here :)...So as finals are unfortunately here (first one is tomorrow), I have noticed little things have started to stress me out. My blinds are broken, my roommate has a dog that cries and barks at 2 in the morning, I keep breaking out, I can't control myself from eating bad food, and more! I have focused on these little aspects of my life for so long, but now am starting to see the little things that make me so happy. I have so many doubts and God keeps showing His love and proving me wrong. A few days ago, one of my roommates, Ali, told me that she didn't know what she was going to do without me the 2nd part of the summer which made me so happy!
Bruce Venable, my pastor at FBC Lubbock, spoke one day on how we focus so much on the negative aspects of our past/present and how these things keep us from getting closer to God. This really opened to my eyes, and not just with my relationship with God. Everytime I focus on little annoyances (please use your blinker when you are turning!), I don't see so many amazing things happening right in front of my eyes. I need to learn how to appreciate everything that is around me and this is definitely a day-to-day thing I have to work on. So now as the summer is only ONE WEEK AWAY, I am going to make this my goal: through every bad thing going on, I must find one positive thing I can see right at this moment. I must be positive! <><
Philippians 2:1-2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make the joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

No comments:
Post a Comment