Oh my, I am on my third day of summer and already slacking on my blog! Forgive me, I get distracted.
Day 2 baaaaasically consisted on IKEA and its beauty! My father, mother, Matt and I went and it was a lot of fun! My dad hasn't been there since the one he went to in Germany (pff...showoff) so I think he "secretly" enjoyed looking at cheap crap that I would otherwise consider beautiful objects that were intended for my future home to look even more amazing than it already is. Our night then consisted of hanging together, the 4 of us playing Catch Phrase. Honestly, that game sucks compared to Taboo. It is so easy!
Day 3- was my official moving to Nashville day! So many emotions. Can't believe I left my parents for the rest of the summer! I felt like a big girl. What was not fun was waking up at the crack of dawn, especially considering the trouble sleeping I have been having this whole week. Matt is starting to get worried about it too :(. Well, the drive was pretty easy! Especially since I tried to sleep for 2 hours. The only thing I hate about drives like this one (11 hours long), was that we were EXHAUSTED when we finally arrived. We first went to the place I will be staying for the summer. I am staying with this amazing, young couple who generously am letting me stay in their home. They have 2 bichon frise's (dogs LOL) which are the cutestttt dogs on the planet, other than my 2 dogs of course :). The best feeling is being nervous about a situation and then being in the situation and realizing how dumb I was for feeling that way! I was so nervous/excited to meet this couple, and they are so cool and nice! I can tell we will become good friends. Then Matt and I went over to his parent's house to hang out with them and his brother, sis-in-law, and baby Lucia. Ahhh she is 2 months old and a beautiful gift of God. Glory to the Most High for bringing this miracle that Matt can call a niece into the world! We all had so much fun just sitting, drinking coffee (which was muuuchhh needed) and chatting.
I am exhausted, forgot to think of things to write, and need to upload the pictures I took for each day! But these things can wait because in the morning I have a 2 year-old's birthday to celebrate :)

No comments:
Post a Comment