wow...who would have known that keeping up with this blog would actually be difficult? I keep remembering to do it, and then lose the time! it especially sucks when I write it a few days later and forget exactly what I have done haha.
Saturday night was girl's night! Matt had a wedding to shoot and his brother tagged along with him to learn about it, so Liz, Matt's mom and I went shopping! There is an area two minutes from their house that has Ross, Target, World Market, etc. However, they also have a store called Home Goods. I had never heard of it but Liz was very excited to go there. I might also insert a comment saying that I am not addicted to shopping :). It is fun shopping at stores that focus their merchandise on home decor and other stuff! Especially when Matt just moved into his place. Sometimes I wonder what his place/room would look like without my input. I had a lot of fun being able to buy him some cheap, necessary items for the place. Then when it was all over I thought I would just go home at night and go to sleep, but Matt invited me to the wedding that he was shooting! It was soooooo cool! And all of the groom's men wore kilts (odd though), and they had a cover band too. That is one thing I'm not used to; Texas people usually get by with a DJ or their ipod, not live dancers and singers at a reception! What a sight it was. I was hidden behind the stage because I was very underdressed, and it was so cool to see this band do work. By the way, check them out: Burning Las Vegas.
On Sunday I went to Matt's church, GracePointe. The pastor's middle name is Ashley, so I knew things would be alright going there :). He spoke on wisdom and how it accompanies a gentle heart and just the ways to have wisdom; which is ultimately to be prepared and to want it, and to desire God to put it in your heart. It was interesting because so many people misuse this word; especially saying how an older person is wise because of everything they have gone thru, but in many cases this is not true! In the afternoon we went over once again to Matt's parent's house to spend a little bit of time with them and his uncle Malcolm and Nana came over and we all had BBQ. At night we had a double date with Ryan and Liz :). Went to the ghetto Chinese place that I would like to call my best friend: Fortune House. The lady (owner maybe?) that works there, whom has been working everytime I am there, is hilariously rude and it makes the whole experience more worthwhile. After filling up, we headed out to Indian Lake and walked around the deserted shopping area. It was fun to just be the 4 of us, walking outside and just talking. It was fun getting to tell them the story of how Matt and I met, and they told us theirs (well, most of it...I need to hear the rest!)
I wish I wasn't behind on this! Forgive me. These few days have been hectic. And my internship starts in 2 days! Excitement fills my bones.

No comments:
Post a Comment