So yesterday was Matt's birthday!! (will upload pics later) It was so nice to be able to celebrate with him. Last year on his birthday, he spent it in Switzerland. Amazing right? No. He had been playing shows for few days straight and running off of no sleep. And didn't even get to see the place! So it was nice for us to spend the day getting things for his place, once again. At night we went over to his parent's place to celebrate all of the birthdays. Jameson even got a dinosaur cake. And what made me happiest is that Liz and Ryan got Matt the game Sequence! Such a fun game. What made it even better is that he had been saying how we should just buy it and take it to his parent's house. Ohhh the joy of a successful gift :)
Today was the last day Ryan and Liz were here! And the day before my internship. So of course Matt and I went over (aren't we just the sweetest things? LOL) to spend some time with them before they left. Matt even took some pictures of them :) ...Hopefully i can get a few and post them on here! Afterwards, I drove out to Franklin to practice getting to where my internship is. It is at the owner's house which is cool. I might add that I am so excited, but so incredibly nervous. What if my writing isn't up to par? What if they think I should know more about PR? I really don't want to disappoint...Haha, the drive out there was hilarious. First off, because it is at the owner's house, this means it is in a neighborhood. That o course takes time to drive to. All in all, it is about a 40 minute drive. We will see how it is at 9 in the morning, with traffic though. And of course, I got lost. The directions were ridiculous, to be honest. I got lost, so Matt came out there and rescued me. We found the area, and BAM! Hello Real Housewives of Franklin, TN. The neighborhood is like its own little town. And by little town, I mean little town of mansions. They were so beautiful! I was literally laughing while driving in the neighborhood looking for the place because I truly felt like I was on a movie set. Good way to start this summer off! I would rather be there then in an office. Our day then progressed into spending an HOUR at Lowes, followed by making tacos and watching the departed/Glee. Seriously, how can someone spend an hour at Lowe's? Well, I spent my hour looking at doors, paint, curtains, wood, wood, wood and the list goes on LOL. And I will add that The Departed was not as good as I expeccted. So sad...I love suspenseful movies!
Be praying for me and my internship! I'm so honored to be working for such amazing people, I truly hope to make them proud!

in defense - we looked at wood because i was getting it cut to specific measurements for a piece for my studio - aka it needed to be perfect. which is why cutting it took an hour of planning and prep and then the actual cutting process... ahem, ok, im done with my soapbox now. and yes, the mansions were amazing. very quaint, old-timey feeling, but MASSIVE and beautiful.
ReplyDelete